Former UNAIDS Executive Director Peter Piot discusses with CSIS Senior VP and Director of the Global Health Policy Center J. Stephen Morrison the lessons he has learned in his years fighting AIDS. Piot tells how he stressed an evidence-based approach to finding AIDS solutions from the start, but it became apparent that it was not the only answer. Watch him explain the reason for making AIDS a political issue and how it was enacted.
Subscribe to the Daily Impact’s morning global health news roundup
Subscribe to all of our blog posts.
ImpactSubscribe to Impact
- Richard Frank, 1936-2014
- The Daily Impact: Acute Malnutrition Risk for 250k Children in South Sudan
- Global leaders show unprecedented support for maternal and child health
- The Daily Impact: UN condemns massacre of 200 people, in South Sudan
- Acting Peace Corps Director visits ABMS’s Amour & Vie program
- The Daily Impact: Two UNICEF staff gone missing in Pakistan
- Polio movement celebrates successes, faces setbacks