Former UNAIDS Executive Director Peter Piot discusses with CSIS Senior VP and Director of the Global Health Policy Center J. Stephen Morrison the lessons he has learned in his years fighting AIDS. Piot tells how he stressed an evidence-based approach to finding AIDS solutions from the start, but it became apparent that it was not the only answer. Watch him explain the reason for making AIDS a political issue and how it was enacted.
Subscribe to the Daily Impact’s morning global health news roundup
Subscribe to all of our blog posts.
ImpactSubscribe to Impact
- The Daily Impact: Transgenders Gain Legal Recognition, Following Court Ruling
- Striking an effective balance
- The Daily Impact: Two shots of HPV vaccine protects against HPV, says WHO
- The benefits of public-private partnerships in global health
- The Daily Impact: Global Climate Change Efforts are Falling Short
- Strength in numbers: Community health workers in social franchise networks
- Best Buys in Global Health: Human-centric design