Former UNAIDS Executive Director Peter Piot discusses with CSIS Senior VP and Director of the Global Health Policy Center J. Stephen Morrison the lessons he has learned in his years fighting AIDS. Piot tells how he stressed an evidence-based approach to finding AIDS solutions from the start, but it became apparent that it was not the only answer. Watch him explain the reason for making AIDS a political issue and how it was enacted.
Subscribe to the Daily Impact’s morning global health news roundup
Subscribe to all of our blog posts.
ImpactSubscribe to Impact
- A vaccine could do more than prevent AIDS
- The Daily Impact: Leprosy stigma in India contributes to its resurgence
- Why do we need an International Women’s Day?
- The Daily Impact: Injections provide protection for monkeys against AIDS
- 12 Women (and one man) who are inspiring change
- The Daily Impact: Second US Baby HIV-free following Aggressive Treatment
- Let’s talk about the Best Buys for Global Health