Former UNAIDS Executive Director Peter Piot discusses with CSIS Senior VP and Director of the Global Health Policy Center J. Stephen Morrison the lessons he has learned in his years fighting AIDS. Piot tells how he stressed an evidence-based approach to finding AIDS solutions from the start, but it became apparent that it was not the only answer. Watch him explain the reason for making AIDS a political issue and how it was enacted.
Subscribe to the Daily Impact’s morning global health news roundup
Subscribe to all of our blog posts.
ImpactSubscribe to Impact
- The Daily Impact: More than 200,000 people unable to access health services in Darfur
- The Daily Impact: End of AIDS by 2030 possible, says UN
- The Daily Impact: BRICS nations agree to $100 billion development bank
- The Daily Impact: WHO recommends ARVs for gay men to prevent HIV spread
- The Daily Impact: Food security increasingly under threat in Central African Republic
- The Daily Impact: China reveals details of its foreign aid spending
- The Daily Impact: BRICS announce plans to launch new development bank